SterlingFest celebrates the best of Sterling
THAT SIMPLY MUST INCLUDE YOU!
SterlingFest celebrates the best of Sterling: YOU!
SterlingFest introduces the people of Loudoun County to the best businesses, restaurants, organizations, and local artisans from Sterling, VA. Better yet, proceeds from SterlingFest support The Sterling Foundation. By becoming a vendor at SterlingFest, you’re not only taking advantage of an excellent opportunity to market directly to local clientele, you’re also showing how much you care about your community. Register today either by mail or online!
As a SterlingFest vendor, you’ll
- interact directly with your target market
- make a difference in your community
- and create positive lasting impressions
It’s a win-win-win!
- Businesses • $150
- Food Vendor • $150
- Political Interests/Groups • $150
- Direct Sales/Home-Based Vendor • $100
- Craft Vendor • $70
- Non-Profit (Fundraising) • $70
- Non-Profit (Not Fundraising) • $35
All vendors receive a 10’x10′ space, as assigned by SterlingFest staff. Tables can be rented for only $5.00, or you’re welcome to bring your own.
Register by Mail
If you prefer to register by mailing in your application, please download, print, and fill out the form by clicking the button below.
Be sure to include a check made payable to SterlingFest, with the appropriate amount for your vendor type. Prices are listed to the left.
You can mail your completed form and check to:
PO Box 1036
Sterling, VA 20167
After receiving your registration form, a member of SterlingFest staff will reach out to you to confirm and provide additional details. Thank you for your interest in being part of SterlingFest 2019!
If you prefer to register as a vendor online, click the button below to fill out the Vendor Registration Form via Google Docs. Your form will then be automatically emailed to us!
It’s quick and super easy to pay your registration fee online thanks to PayPal! All major credit cards are accepted and the transaction fee is only a small 2.2%+$0.30. Even the highest fee is still under $3.75! That’s not too bad to avoid the hassle of mailing in a check.
After we’ve received your registration form and fee, we’ll reach out to you to confirm additional details. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to email us at Vendors@SterlingFest.org.
Thanks for being a part of SterlingFest 2019!
Pay Your Fee Online
Click the button that corresponds with your vendor type to pay via PayPal.
Details & Important Info
- Payment must accompany your application to be seriously considered for our event.
- Applications will be accepted thru September 1, 2019. After that date, applications will be subject to a late fee of $30.
- No refunds are given after Sept 1, 2019.
- Returned checks incur a $30 fee.
- All confirmation notices of assigned vendor spaces will be delivered by Sept 10, 2019.
- This is an outdoor event and will be held rain or shine, so plan accordingly.
- Spaces are 10’x10′, are limited, and will be assigned by SterlingFest staff.
- There is no access to electricity. Generators are only permitted in certain areas and must have prior approval.
- Vendors are required to provide tables, chairs and canopies, with adequate weights to secure canopies.
- Tables can be rented for $5.00 each.
- Vendors must maintain adequate staff at the booth during the entire show.
- Vendors must conduct all business within their assigned space.
- Only one of each direct-sale/home-based company will be allowed, so sign up early!
- Vendors conducting sales are responsible for collecting Virginia sales tax and use taxes on all transactions.
- Food vendors are required to have all necessary permits and health inspections.
- No shows, late arrivals, and those who leave early will not be invited back.
- Participation is at your own risk and you acknowledge that the Sterling Foundation will not be held liable or responsible for any loss, injury, or incident.
- All vendors must agree to abide by these rules, respect decisions made by the SterlingFest & Sterling Foundation staff, and heed instructions given on the day of the event.
- These rules are to ensure a safe and enjoyable event for all!
Check in with the event staff at the information booth before unloading. Load in time is typically 8:00-10:00 AM, with vehicle removal from the site by 10:00 AM. Volunteers, in orange shirts, will help direct you. Due to safety concerns vendors cannot leave early. Vendors must wait until 5pm to pack up, and wait until 5:15pm to load their vehicles. Attempts to leave early create a safety hazard and could prevent one from being invited back to future events.
All vendor spaces are approximately 10’x10’. This is an outdoor event, so be prepared for all kinds of weather. Bring a canopy with weights. Remember to bring tables (unless paid for with your application), chairs, tablecloth, business cards, cash, business sign and whatever supplies you need for your booth.
There is NO electricity or wi-fi. Generators must have prior approval and will be restricted to certain areas. Look for a separate email with vendor space assignments and map of the festival grounds.
Activities must be restricted to your assigned space; do not solicit, approach festival attendees, or distribute literature outside of your assigned space. Booths should be manned at all times with an emphasis on service and courtesy. Wear appropriate clothing; no cut off shirts or pants, no bare feet and no obscene or inflammatory writings on clothing or in booths. There is no smoking in the vendor or food booths. Vendors will be allowed to sell only the types of items listed on their application form.
Food & Drink
Food and drink is available for purchase in the upper parking lot by the community center. Last year we were pleased to offer a Beer Garden featuring local craft breweries, as well as cuisine from around the world: Central American, Peruvian, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Indian, and Asian, as well as BBQ, fried fish, burgers and hot dogs. We also had cookies and ice cream, coffee, tea and pastries. Eat breakfast and lunch with us, then pick up dinner to go!
Because our event is open to the general public, any sort of food preparation or service will require a temporary food permit. This includes samples. Any vendors who do not have a permit will be unable to serve samples or sell prepared food at the event.
The Health Department will be present at our event to be sure all are within compliance. Please contact Tamara Shellenberger at the Loudoun County Health Dept within 30 days of our event to get your permit: 703-777-0642 or Tamara.Shellenberger@Loudoun.gov
The event coordinator is required to file with the Commissioner of the Revenue at least fourteen (14) days prior to the proposed start of SterlingFest, providing a list of all vendors to whom a space, booth, or other area has been leased or assigned for the purpose of operating a temporary business or sales activity during this Special Event. Each Special Event Itinerant Vendor has the responsibility for collecting Virginia sales and use taxes on all transactions. Sales tax forms may be obtained from the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office. (Ord. 04-13. Passed 10-12-04.) Please let us know well ahead of time if you need a copy.
Promotion, Advertising & Social Media
Please like us on facebook! We’d love to see your fond memories or photos of past SterlingFests on our Facebook page. Tell us about your business or organization and how you plan to participate in the festivities. Tag us in posts on your page so we can help spread the word. Be sure to follow us on both Twitter and Instagram. Let’s engage with each other on social media and with our wider Sterling community to ensure SterlingFest 2019 is the best one yet!
Each SterlingFest we host a raffle of all sorts of unique and special items to help raise money for the Sterling Foundation and other local Sterling organizations. If you would like to donate an item for our afternoon raffle, please let us know so we can arrange pickup. This is strictly optional, but greatly appreciated!
SterlingFest is held around the Sterling Community Center, located at 120 Enterprise St, Sterling, VA 20164. IMPORTANT NOTE: Parts of Sterling Blvd will be inaccessible. Large portions of Sterling Blvd will be closed off for our community parade on the morning of SterlingFest. Using GPS could take you through the parade route and into stopped traffic, so please follow our directions. Click here to look at the area on Google Maps.
From Rt 28: Take Rt 28 North past Dulles Airport to the Sterling Blvd/VA-846 East exit. Continue on Sterling Blvd for 1.2miles, then turn right onto E Maple Ave, and left onto Enterprise St. Follow Enterprise to the SterlingFest blockade. Get directions at the information booth to your assigned space.
From Herndon Parkway From Herndon Parkway, turn North onto Crestview Drive. Crestview Drive shortly becomes Lincoln Ave. Turn Left onto E Maple Ave. When that road ends, turn Left. Shortly, after passing Food Lion, turn Right onto Enterprise St. Approach the SterlingFest blockade and ask for directions at the information booth to your assigned space.
From Rt 7: Take Route 7/Leesburg Pike to Dranesville Rd. Turn onto Dranesville, then turn right onto Sugarland Rd. Take a left onto Church Rd, follow it around the curves, then turn left onto Lincoln Rd, into the neighborhood. Take the 2nd right onto N Fillmore Ave. It will end at E Holly, then turn left. Turn right onto Enterprise St. Follow Enterprise to the SterlingFest blockade. Get directions at the information booth to your assigned space.
You must off load and remove your car completely from the festival area by 10:00 AM. Parking is along Commerce Street and at the nearby shopping center. Handicap parking is available at CareNow.
Contact Info • In case of Emergency
To promote pride and provide a quality family event for the citizens residing in Sterling and the surrounding area. An annual event, SterlingFest features entertainment, refreshments, professional & volunteer booths, games & activities for children, and handmade crafts. SterlingFest is hosted by The Sterling Foundation, Sterling Playmakers, The Sterling Advisory Board, and the Loudoun County Parks and Recreation Services. In addition to our event, the Annual Sterling Park Columbus Day Parade, hosted by the Knights of Columbus and Loudoun Elk Lodge 2406, will head down Sterling Boulevard at 10:00 AM, the Sterling Volunteer Fire Company Department will host their annual open house at the station next door to SterlingFest, and the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office will hold their open house on Commerce St.
Thank you for being part of SterlingFest 2019!
Check out all the wonderful vendors who helped make SterlingFest 2018 such a success.
- A Southern Fish Fry
- Ali Baba DC Grill
- American Legion Post 150
- Angelina McClary Photography
- Anthem Healthkeeper’s Plus
- Apple Federal Credit Union
- Atlantic Realty Co.
- Black History Committee of the Friends of the Thomas Balch Library
- Bryan the Writer
- Candlelight Ministries
- Care Now
- Choi’s Dragon Martial Arts
- Chiropractic & Wellness Center
- Christ Star Church of God
- Color Street
- Comstock for Congress
- Craftmaster Creations
- Cruise Planners
- Cub Scout Pack 1156
- Damsel In Defense
- Dot Dot Smile
- Elks Lodge #2406
- Floris United Methodist Church
- Free Flow Art Therapy
- G Henna Design
- Geico Local Office
- Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital
- Grace Covenant Church – Sterling
- Healthworks for Northern Virginia
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Home Fix
- Home Paramount Pest Control Company
- Hope Fellowship Church
- Jeff Smith Mile High Karate
- Joe’s Pizzaria
- Jules Jewels
- Keepin It Grill
- Kids First Swim School
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter
- Loudoun Co Ext. Master Gardener Water Mgmt
- Loudoun County Department of Family Services
- Loudoun County Master Gardener Assoc
- Loudoun County Office of Elections & Voter Registration
- Loudoun County Republicans
- Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office
- Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum
- Loudoun Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
- Loudoun Water
- Lower Loudoun Boys Football League
- Lower Loudoun Girl’s Softball
- Lutkins Group
- Manis Creative Entertainment
- Manos Limenas Catering
- Mary Kay Skin Care
- Mathnasium Sterling
- Maximo Scentsy
- Michael & Sons Sportsplex
- Moo Thru Ice Cream Truck
- Mulan Dumpling
- NAACP Loudoun County Chapter
- Natal Knits and Crafts
- Noble Athletics
- Northern Virginia Community College
- One Take Studios
- Orange Theory Fitness Sterling
- Origami Owl Custom Jewelry
- Palmercare Chiropractic
- Pampered Chef
- Paparazzi Accessories-Sparkle with Mae
- Patient First
- Quinn’s Bathbombs
- Rayr Findz
- Recrafted By Jess
- Renewal By Anderson
- Remodel USA Marketing
- Ridgetop Coffee and Tea
- SCAN of Northern Virginia
- Shred415® STERLING
- State Farm
- Sterling Area Neighborhood Watch
- Sterling Family Dental
- Sterling District Democrats
- Sterling District Supervisor Koran T Saines
- Sterling Library
- Sterling Playmakers
- Sterling United Methodist Church
- Sterling Youth Soccer Assoc – Sterling Soccer
- SterlingFest Beer & Wine Garden
- Super Kicks Karate
- Surfside Candles
- Terri Robinson, Remax Realty
- The Life Church International
- Thomasena’s Treasures
- Urban Evolution
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change
- Wegmans Dulles
- What the Heck Barbecue
- Why Islam
- Wire Rocks
- Young Living Independent Distributor